EUROPEAN REVIVAL STARTS HERE
Riga Reformed Church of Jesus Christ Our Savior
Pastor Timur's community of Jurmala, with a population of about 20,000 Russian-speakers, is almost totally unreached for the Gospel. In March of 2017, Timur's church held a conference called "What Is a Real Man?" and 8 men attended. The Gospels tell us the Lord Jesus was a friend of tax-collectors and sinners. Being Christ-like means we must be, too. The church did their best to love these men while they were with them, and since that time, Timur has been able to meet with several of them on a regular basis!
Church Update from Timur - January 2018
- I meet with Michael and Anatoli, who participated in our March 2017 conference, on a regular basis. I plan to meet with them again in February.
- I went to my daughter's school in Ventspils (a town in northwestern Latvia in the historical Courland region of Latvia, and the sixth largest city in the country) where I had a chance to talk about Christ with children and explain the Beatitudes. Kate's classmate and her mother came to our Christmas worship service, and I am invited back to teach again in April.
- I'm getting ready for my trip to St. Petersburg in March for the Spring Intensive at the Biblical Seminary
Current Needs - Winter/Spring 2018
- Timur desires to find ways to work with men and teach at his daughter Kate's school
- A bigger building is needed to rent for worship and ministries
- The Anichkin family currently lives in a one room flat. Please pray they would be able to move to one with at least three rooms
- Timur seeks an opportunity to present Christ to an unbelieving son of an older sister in the church
- The church desires to be able to purchase a video camera and build a church website
- Timur hopes to buy a table tennis table to continue his ministry to sportsmen
- It's very difficult to make long-term plans when your mind is occupied by how to survive. To implement all Timur's ministry plans, to support his church and family, he needs $2000-2500 a month (a $1100 increase in giving).
To give, please click below and select "Timur Anichkin" from the drop-down menu.